Hobart Corporation (“Hobart”) warrants new Hobart products and certain products sold by Hobart under other brand names to the original end user (“Owner”) when installed within the United States, against defective material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of original installation. Hobart will, during normal working hours, through one of its Branches or authorized servicing outlets repair or replace, at its option, including service and labor, all parts found to be defective and subject to this warranty.
Certain Hobart products or parts may be warranted for a period other than one (1) year and others may be subject to travel limitations. Certain Hobart parts, expendable by nature and that need to be replaced frequently, may not be covered.
This warranty is conditioned upon Hobart receiving notice of any defect subject to this warranty within thirty (30) days of its discovery by Owner.
This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from fire, water, burglary, accident, abuse, misuse, acts of God, attempted repairs or improper installation by unauthorized persons. Failure to follow use, care, or maintenance instructions in your Instruction Manual may void this warranty.
This Warranty Excludes All Oral, Statutory, Express Or Implied Warranties Which May Be Applicable To Hobart, Including, But Not Limited to Any Implied Warranty Of Merchantability And Fitness For Particular Purpose. Hobart shall have no obligation or liability of any kind or character, including any obligation or liability for consequential or special damages arising out of, or with respect to, the product, its sale, operation, use or repair. Hobart neither assumes nor authorizes anyone else to assume for it any obligation or liability in connection with the product, its sale, operation, or use, other than as stated herein.
Hobart’s standard warranty does not apply to Export Sales. Rather, for a period of one (1) year from date of original installation not to exceed eighteen (18) months from date of shipment from factory, Hobart:
- will replace, F.O.B. shipping point, shipping charges prepaid and add, any defective parts normally subject to warranty.
- will not cover the cost of any packing, freight, or labor; such costs being the sole responsibility of Dealer.
- There are no oral, statutory or implied warranties applicable to Hobart, including but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose which extend beyond the description on the face hereof.
- Dealer agrees to assume full responsibility for the installation and correction of Hobart products purchased for Export Sales, including all expenses.
U.S. Domestic Warranty (07-2023)
SIX-YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY
FEG Refrigeration, a division of ITW Food Equipment Group LLC d/b/a Traulsen (“Traulsen”) warrants to the original end-user (the “Owner”) of the Equipment (as defined below) that Traulsen will convey the Equipment free and clear of all liens, security interests, and encumbrances created by, through or under Traulsen. Traulsen further warrants to the Owner that for a period of six (6) years from the later of either (a) the date of delivery to the common carrier or (b) the date of original installation (the “Domestic Warranty Period”) (provided that in no event shall the Domestic Warranty Period commence later than 3 months from the date of delivery to the common carrier by Traulsen unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing), under normal use and given proper installation and maintenance as determined by Traulsen, the Equipment: (a) will conform to the written specifications as provided by Traulsen (“Specifications”) and (b) will be free from substantial defects in material and workmanship. “Equipment” means serialized units of refrigeration equipment sold by Traulsen and branded as “Traulsen” or “Centerline by Traulsen”. “Equipment” does not include, Air Curtains, equipment for export, spare parts, component parts, replacement parts, service parts, products not branded as Traulsen or Centerline by Traulsen, and other products whose product documentation reference a different warranty policy and/or exclude this warranty policy (collectively, the “Excluded Products”).
SEVEN-YEAR COMPRESSOR WARRANTY
The warranty period for compressors (the “Compressor Warranty Period”) shall extend for an additional one (1) year beyond the Domestic Warranty Period. In the case of a nonconforming compressor, Traulsen shall provide a single replacement compressor; however, all installation, recharging, and repair costs shall be the responsibility of the Owner. For Equipment purchased for use with a condenser provided by a third-party, the six-year parts and labor warranty will apply only to those components contained within the Equipment to the point of connection of the refrigeration lines leading to the third-party condenser.
LIFETIME CAM-LIFT HINGE AND WORKFLOW HANDLE WARRANTY
Traulsen warrants to the Owner for the life of the Equipment (the “Cam-Lift Lifetime Warranty Period”) that the housing of cam-lift hinges and workflow handles will be free from substantial defects. In the case of non-conforming housing for cam-lift hinge or workflow handle during the Cam-Lift Lifetime Warranty Period, Traulsen shall provide a replacement part; however, Owner shall be responsible for any other replacement costs, including but not limited to, installation and labor.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY
Traulsen’s responsibility under this warranty is subject to the additional limits below:
- No Consequential Damages. Traulsen is not liable for loss of product or loss of profit, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss or damage resulting from the loss of product, whether or not due to refrigeration failure and whether or not Traulsen has been notified of the possibility of such damages.
- Consumable Components or Ordinary Wear Items. This Warranty excludes all consumable components and ordinary wear items within the Equipment, such as but not limited to components that are removable without the use of tools, gaskets, shelf pins, and light bulbs. All Excluded Products sold separately are also excluded.
- Non-OEM parts. Any use of non-OEM parts or parts not supplied by Traulsen or specified by Traulsen in the Operator’s Manual on the Traulsen website (such as but not limited to EZ Clean gaskets, sensors, controls, etc.) shall automatically void this Warranty with respect to such parts and any damage, defect or wear caused by such parts.
- Specified Causes. This Warranty does not cover any damage, defect or wear resulting from fire, water, burglary, accident, abuse, misuse, lack of preventive maintenance, transit, acts of God, terrorism, power surges, improper installation, or repairs or installation by unqualified third parties, or improper modifications outside published parameters or modifications implemented outside of the direction of Traulsen tech support. All warranty claims made outside of the Domestic Warranty Period, Compressor Warranty Period or Cam-Lift Lifetime Warranty Period, as applicable, are expressly excluded from this Warranty.
- Specified Uses. The Equipment is intended only for commercial use in conditioned spaces and shall not be used by residences, consumers, or households or in any non-commercial application or in any non-conditioned spaces. This Warranty does not apply to, and shall not cover, any Equipment that is installed or used in any way in any residential, consumer or non-commercial application. No warranties, express or implied, are provided to any residential, consumer or non-commercial purchaser or owner of the Equipment.
- Owner’s Use. The Owner is solely responsible for determining if Equipment is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for Owner’s application. Accordingly, and due to the nature and manner of the Equipment, Traulsen is not responsible for the results or consequences of any use, misuse, or application of its Equipment.
- Outside U.S. This warranty does not apply to any Equipment sold, installed and/or used outside of the United States.
In the event of a breach of the warranties set forth above, Traulsen will, at Traulsen’s option, and as Owner’s sole and exclusive remedy and Traulsen’s sole and exclusive obligation, repair (including labor costs), refund or replace any nonconforming Equipment, provided that:
• Traulsen is promptly notified during the Domestic Warranty Period, Compressor Warranty Period or Cam-Lift Lifetime Warranty Period, as applicable, in writing upon discovery of the nonconformance with a detailed explanation of any alleged deficiencies;
• Traulsen is given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims;
• Traulsen’s examination of any alleged defective part confirms such alleged deficiencies and that the deficiencies were not caused by misuse, neglect, improper installation, improper repair, improper alteration or improper testing; AND
• In the case of a nonconforming part, Owner must return the part to Traulsen within 30 days from the date of repair. Failure to return a claimed defective part to Traulsen within the 30 days will waive the right to the warranty claim.
THIS DOMESTIC WARRANTY SETS FORTH THE EXTENT OF TRAULSEN’S LIABILITY FOR SALES WITHIN THE UNITED STATES. NO EQUIPMENT MAY BE RETUREND TO TRAULSEN WITHOUT TRAULSEN’S PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, TRAULSEN MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE). IN NO EVENT WILL TRAULSEN’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WARRANTY OR THE SALE OF THE EQUIPMENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE EQUIPMENT AS TO WHICH THE CLAIM IS MADE.
This warranty only applies to units shipped from Traulsen’s manufacturing facilities on or after January 1, 2023.
To report a warranty claim, please email email@example.com or call 1.800.825.8220 and include the serial and model number of the affected unit. All service for warranty claims must be dispatched by Traulsen. Traulsen reserves the right to refuse warranty claims for warranty service conducted by unauthorized third-party providers.
For sales of Traulsen refrigeration equipment (“Equipment”) outside of the United States, Traulsen warrants parts only, not labor to the original purchaser of the Equipment (“Purchaser”) that Traulsen will convey the Equipment free and clear of all liens, security interests and encumbrances created by, through or under Traulsen. Traulsen further warrants that for a period of one (1) year from the date of delivery to the common carrier (the “Export Warranty Period”) unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing, under normal use and given proper installation and maintenance as determined by Traulsen, the Equipment: (a) will conform to the Specifications as provided by Traulsen; and (b) will be free from substantial defects in material and workmanship. It is the end user’s responsibility to arrange for the export shipping.
The Export Warranty does not apply to: (a) consumable components or ordinary wear items; (b) components that are removable without the use of tools including but not limited to gaskets, shelf pins, and light bulbs; (c) use of the Equipment components or parts not supplied by Traulsen or specified in the Operator’s Manual as set forth on Traulsen’s website; or (d) damage resulting from fire, water, burglary, accident, abuse, misuse, transit, acts of God, terrorism, power surges, improper installation, or repairs or installation by unauthorized third parties.
For Traulsen units purchased with a condenser provided by a third-party other than Traulsen, this standard warranty will apply only to those components contained within the unit to the point of connection of the refrigeration lines leading to the to the thirdparty condenser. In the event of a breach of the warranties set forth above (the “Export Warranty”), Traulsen will, at Traulsen’s option and as Purchaser’s sole remedy, repair or replace, but not including labor, freight, export costs, packaging costs, any nonconforming Equipment, provided that (a) during the Export Warranty Period Traulsen is promptly notified in writing upon discovery of such nonconformance with a detailed explanation of any alleged deficiencies; (b) Traulsen is given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims; and (c) Traulsen’s examination of such piece of Equipment defective part confirms the alleged nonconformity and that the nonconformities were not caused by misuse, neglect, improper installation, unauthorized alteration or repair or improper testing. Traulsen reserves the right to, at its request, require Purchaser shall ship the alleged defective part to Traulsen for inspection and confirmation of defect. No Equipment may be returned without Traulsen’s approval.
Purchaser is solely responsible for determining if Equipment is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for Purchaser’s application. Accordingly, and due to the nature and manner of Traulsen’s Equipment, Traulsen is not responsible for the results or consequences of use, misuse, or application of its Equipment.
THIS EXPORT WARRANTY SETS FORTH THE EXTENT OF TRAULSEN’S LIABILITY FOR SALES OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, TRAULSEN MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE). IN NO EVENT WILL TRAULSEN’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT OR SALE OF THE EQUIPMENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE EQUIPMENT AS TO WHICH THE CLAIM IS MADE. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRAULSEN BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PRODUCT, LOSS OF PROFIT, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THIS WARRANTY EVEN IF TRAULSEN HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.